Saturday, February 13, 2010

too much of a good thing

I think one can have too much dark chocolate and heart cookies in the name of love. I have eaten 2 of everything for the sake of balance ( on my hips).  Maybe having a week off of school has been too much of a good thing also.  I have realized that I work under pressure rather than eeking out parts each day.   Have I read the 7 portfolios that my students worked so hard on and I promised a letter in response/feedback? Ugh-guilt-no.  So does that make me flexible and understanding when the students still in my class miss deadlines. Although I can't say I have set- in-stone-deadlines.  Life happens.  Can they still turn in an article a day late?  Sure because in every single case it is better than what they would have whipped up quickly.  So it saves me from reading dribble.  I work under deadlines and so do my classroom-mother-waiters-driver- writers. Maybe we are thinking, tell me when it counts, when it matters, and when I really have to take it seriously.  Too many deadlines or rich fudgey treats in the name of doing what's right for is really a dull man's trickery.

No comments: